- How do I select the right pool builder?
Make sure to interview your prospective pool builder very carefully. Here are a few things to consider.
- What is the company’s reputation in the community?
- Do you know a friend or neighbor who has used the same company with good results? If not, can the company provide you with dozens of reliable references or customer report cards?
- How does the company treat you as a potential customer?
- How long has the company been in business, and how long have they been building in your area?
- How many pools have they built?
- Will the company provide you with a clear written estimate so that you’re not confused about what work will be done?
- Will they finish the project on time?
- Is the company in good standing with your local Building Department, the State Department of Consumer Affairs, and/or Contractor’s Board?
- Will the company add hidden charges after the construction process has begun?
- Is the company financially stable so that there is no risk that you’ll be left with an unfinished pool if they go out of business?
- Will the company be careful to remove or take care of landscaping and other outdoor structures?
- Will they keep your property clean and safe throughout the construction process?
Aside from winning hundreds of awards for beautiful and innovative custom pools, Elite Pools is also well known within the industry for offering unparalleled customer service. From helping you understand all of the design options, to clearly communicating what you can expect during the construction process, we make sure that you are well informed during each phase of the project. And as one of the largest pool builders in the country with more than 60,000 pools built, we set the standard as the industry leader. In fact, 98 percent of all our projects are finished on time and within budget!
- Will a pool increase the value of my home?
Yes. Most studies show that a pool will increase the value of your home anywhere between 7 percent and 15 percent, depending on where your house is located. It will also continue to increase in value throughout the years, just like you home.
- What about warranties? Is my investment well-protected?
Warranties are very important. At Elite Pools, we provide you with the strongest guarantee in the swimming pool industry. We are confident in the product we build, and we offer a warranty that backs it up. You should always ask for and compare the warranties when requesting estimates from builders. You should also remember that a warranty is only as good as the company that issues it. Dozens of pool builders go out of business each year. And if they’re gone, so is your warranty.
Elite Pools has been building pools for more than 50 years. We build our pools to last, and we’ll always be here to stand by our swimming pools in the future. Anyone can offer a “lifetime warranty,” but if they aren’t in business for the duration of your pool’s life, then you haven’t got much of a warranty.
- I’ve heard that having a swimming pool can be a lot of work. How much work is involved in owning and caring for a swimming pool?
In the past, pool maintenance was more of a chore. But with today’s technology and conveniences, owning a swimming pool is easier than owning a car! Pool chemical testing and maintenance, cleaning, and preprogrammed filtration and heating can all be automated. Automatic pool cleaners and various sanitizing devices also make your pool simple to maintain. Your only concern will be finding more time to enjoy your pool or spa!
One of the largest pool builders in the country with more than 60,000 pools built, we set the standard as the industry leader. In fact, 98% of all our projects are finished on time and within budget!
- I sometimes see advertisements promising pools at very low prices. Should I consider this option?
It is actually possible to build a pool at a low price. But you should be aware that to build a low cost pool, equipment, structural elements, craftsmanship, and design are all compromised. Besides ending up with a pool that doesn’t fit your property because of improper design, using poor quality construction materials can also put you and your family at risk. The old adage is still true: You get what you pay for.
At Elite Pools, we know that the cost difference between a great job and a poor job doesn’t have to be significant. Your Elite Pools professional will work with you to determine a budget that meets your needs. We can custom-design your pool to fit your financial parameters, and we’ll also help you secure the appropriate financing. The end result is a beautiful and dependable custom pool that is within your budget.
- Why do cost estimates vary so much when the pools seem to be the same?
The price of a pool is determined by much more than just the size and shape of that pool. Unfortunately, many contractors don’t include important factors that affect cost in the actual estimate they give you. This also means that you can get hit with hidden charges after construction has begun. Some important things to consider are:
- Quality of Materials
- Design Expertise
- Underground Strength and Durability
- Customer Service
- Time Required for Construction
Elite Pools’ estimates always include the highest quality materials available, superior craftsmanship, expert design, and unparalleled customer service. You also get the knowledge and expertise of more than 50 years of custom pool building experience. And we never submit a low introductory bid with the intent of making expensive changes later.
- What factors affect the cost of my swimming pool?
Surprisingly, construction costs for the pool structure itself do not vary greatly from pool to pool. Prices can be affected slightly by ease of access onto your property, demolition requirements prior to construction, and local permit costs. The size and design of the pool affect the cost too, but not as much as you might think.
Much of the variation in price is based on what is called “hardscape.” Hardscape is what is placed around your pool to enhance its design. The size and materials used in your deck, patios, waterfalls, gazebos, planter walls, and other features can be simple or sensational. As the customer, you have the greatest influence on your total budget as you control the design of your pool’s hardscape.
- Is financing readily available for this type of project?
Yes, and it’s probably easier than you think. Tens of thousands of people have discovered they can give their families a beautiful new pool by merely taking the equity in their home and converting it to cash. It’s easy, inexpensive, and very tax wise!
It’s Easy. Financing is approved over the phone and documents are brought to you in your home.
It’s Inexpensive. Because of our sheer volume (we’ve built more than 60,000 pools!), we attract the very best and most trusted lenders in the industry.
It’s Tax-Wise. Did you know that every dollar of interest you pay can be taken as a direct deduction from your taxable income?
You can also use your swimming pool financing to generate additional funds for other home improvement projects or to pay off other high interest, non-deductible credit cards. This often results in savings that literally pay for the home improvement.
- Should I consider building my own pool as a homeowner?
Never! And you can bet that equipment suppliers and other contractors will charge you more than the actual value of the materials and work. Even the experts encounter incredible challenges during pool construction. Years of experience, knowledge, and specific training lead to innovative solutions that produce our superior quality finished products. At Elite Pools, we can offer you enormous buying power, efficient construction, and we also coordinate all of the work so that you experience no hassles and no headaches. Plus, everything is guaranteed. For more information, check out www.poolbuyerguide.com.
- How should I decide on the design of my pool?
Each property has unique features that should be considered when your pool is being designed. So does your family! At your request, a design expert from Elite Pools will meet with you at your home to discuss your pool needs and desires. He or she will ask you how you intend to use your pool. Is exercise important? How about family use? What about location? Where will the pool look best when viewed from your home? Our design expert may take photographs, video, or sketches of your yard. Then they’ll prepare a custom design at no charge—.a design that fits your needs AND your budget! Elite Pools has received more national design awards than any other swimming pool contractor in the world.
- I have a small and difficult yard to work with. Can I still have a pool?
Expert builders can construct quality pools in yards of all shapes and sizes. Our expert design and engineering team can work with the most challenging properties. You’ll be surprised by our innovative solutions that can turn your dreams into a beautiful backyard resort. Before you give up on your impossibly small yard or hillside location, call us for design advice. It’s free!
- Are there any additional options available to add to my pool?
Technology is changing at an unprecedented rate, and swimming pools are no exception. Innovative water treatment options, fiber-optic lighting, spa products, remote controls, automatic cleaning systems, and many other options are now available to make your pool easier to maintain and more enjoyable than ever. Tell us what you would like, and we can show you how to do it.