Although the warmer weather of summer is months away, it is never too early to think ahead. As soon as the summer season arrives, Baltimore residents will be rushing to open and enjoy their luxury pool. However, with the summer season and your luxury pool begins the need to troubleshoot problems that tend to occur. Here are some troubleshooting tips for your luxury pool when it comes to growths, such as algae.
- Water Mold- A lack of pool chemicals and stagnant water will lead to the growth of this white mold within your luxury pool. Use a shock treatment and filter system to eliminate this mold growth.
- Black Algae- This growth is caused by poor pool maintenance and lack of pool chemicals. You will find black areas along the bottom of your pool with this growth. Balance your pool chemicals and use a pool brush to eliminate this growth.
- Cloudy Water- If you cannot see the bottom of your luxury pool, it is most likely due to a broken filtration system. Use a shock treatment to clear your water while monitoring and performing maintenance on your filtration system.
- Green Algae- This problem typically occurs because of overall poor luxury pool maintenance. If the chemical levels of your pool water are imbalanced, or your water is unable to circulate, you will find green algae growth. Clean your luxury pool filter system and use a shock treatment to help eliminate this growth.
- Pink Slime- Owners notice a slimy film along the walls and bottom of their pool if their pool has not been maintained properly. Cleaning your pool with a brush and ensuring your filter system is functioning properly will remove this growth.
- Mustard Algae- This growth appears yellow along the walls of your luxury pool and occurs when the water within your pool remains stagnant for too long. Use a brush and algaecide to eliminate this growth.
At Elite Pools, we offer over 50 years of experience when performing luxury pool installation and maintenance. Our pools are built and installed to last, so our customers can enjoy their luxury pool instead of worrying about repairs and replacements.
To get started with your new luxury pool or to ask any questions you may have regarding installation or maintenance, call Elite Pools today at 1-800-277-0254, or visit our contact page. We also offer luxury pool maintenance and installation in the Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington D.C. areas.