For the past two weeks, we have been listing some common troubleshooting problems many luxury pool owners will face once the weather gets warmer. Even now, luxury pool owners can still find some issues with their pool. Although the weather prevents you from enjoying your luxury pool, it is never too soon to learn about how to troubleshoot your luxury pool. For this week, we will discuss troubleshooting surface problems with your luxury pool.
- Scale Build Up- This surface buildup typically occurs when there is an imbalance of chemicals in your pool water. The surface will feel like sandpaper and you will be unable to easily brush away the tan or gray color that has developed. To fix this problem, use and acid wash to clean the surface and use a test kit to balance your water.
- Bleaching- If bleaching is occurring, luxury pool owners will notice white spots along the surface of their pool. This typically occurs when a chemical has been added to your pool water that should not have been. Bleaching is normally remedied by repainting or replacing the liner of your pool while pre-dissolving any dry chemicals before adding them to your luxury pool.
- Etching- Etching can be found as a pit within your plaster pool surface. This normally occurs when the water within your pool is imbalanced. Replace your surface and then properly balance your luxury pool water.
- Staining- If debris is left in your pool or if there is metal present in your water, you could find dark stains along the surface of your luxury pool that cannot be removed easily. Clean the underside of your liner and shock your pool to remove the debris.
- Wrinkles- If the water within your luxury pool is imbalanced; you could notice wrinkles occurring along your liner. Replace your liner if necessary and use a kit to balance your pool water.
At Elite Pools, we offer over 50 years of experience when performing luxury pool installation and maintenance. Our pools are built and installed to last, so our customers can enjoy their luxury pool instead of worrying about repairs and replacements.
To get started with your new luxury pool or to ask any questions you may have regarding installation or maintenance, call Elite Pools today at 1-800-277-0254, or visit our contact page. We also offer luxury pool maintenance and installation in the Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington D.C. areas.