Summer is quickly coming to an end and her in Maryland, while you may not want to think about it, winter is right around the corner. Before you know it, it will be time to close up your pool for the season, which can be quite the pain.
The Ins and Outs of Pool Winterization
Pool winterizing is a pretty complex and time consuming process that involves:
- Cleaning: First thing’s first. You will need to clean out any leaves, insects, and other debris that has found its way into your pool. Don’t forget to clean out the skimmer and the pump basket, too. This is also an opportune time to clean the tile line.
- Water Chemistry: Next, you will need to balance the water chemistry to the recommended levels of pH, total alkalinity, calcium (hardness) and chlorination. You can also add a winterization chemical kit. This protects the pool from corrosion, scale buildup, and algae.
- Partially Drain the Pool: To protect against freeze damage, partially drain the pool below the skimmer mouth.
- Disconnect Pump and Filter: During the winter months, disconnect your pump and filter and make sure all water is completely drained from the pump. You should also use this time to clean the filter.
- Water in Pipes: Make sure all water is drained from pipes to prevent freeze damage.
- Cover: Don’t forget to cover the pool. This is both a pool maintenance and safety device. It keeps snow, dirt, and debris from falling into your pool, as well as people and pets.
Or, trust your pool winterization to a professional company, like Elite Pools.
Pool Winterizing Services in Maryland
Since 1959, Elite Pools has striven to be the Mid-Atlantic’s premier home pool design company, specializing in the design and construction of residential and commercial in-ground pools and spas. Whether you are building a new pool at your home or renovating your existing pool, we have the knowledge and expertise to deliver elegant, long-lasting swimming pool designs combined with resilience and durability.
Elite Pools can help make your dreams a reality. We use 3D modeling software to help you create a pool that not only fits your style and budget, but also your landscape.
Choose From A Variety Of Styles:
- Vanishing Edge Pools
- Free Form Pools
- Interactive Play Pool Features, Such as Water Slides
- Water Features and Rocks
- Walk-in Pools
- Lap Pools
- Diving Pools
- Pebble Tec® finishes
If you are ready to schedule your spring pool installation in Annapolis, MD or the surrounding area, or would like more information on in-ground pools or other pool maintenance, then you’ve come to the right place. Please contact Elite Pools by calling 1-800-277-0254. One of our in-house licensed pool contractors will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We believe in putting the customer first!